[Easy Listening/Classical] Dealing with Frustration (.mp3)

Started by LPChip, February 15, 2009, 20:01:03

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

Recently, Nifflas' forum decided to break. It has costed me quite some work to get it working again... In fact I'm still working on it.

Its one of the forums I manage. This gave me alot of frustration, and I needed to play it away from me.

Tadaa, a song is born. XD

This song, I played on my piano and like my others, its a full improvisation.

If you are frustrated by something, this song will most likelly appeal to you.

Download: link
Duration: 11:08 (yes, thats alot of frustration XD)
Filesize: 10.7 MB

Enjoy, and feedback is always welcome. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

Very nice build up, LP, the frustration is creeping in, quite sneaky.
Moods changing quickly after halfway. Enjoying. Getting curious how this will end.
The tonality is getting a bit spanish-like. Nice finish.
I think you've let you hands and fingers speak here, instead of your brain.

uncloned

LP,

I wish it made sense to applaud in the internet. This is wonderful - and being an improvisation so much more impressive. I felt like I was in your parlor listening to your inner thoughts. This is truly one of the best compositions I've heard on the internet.

Thank you so much for sharing.

Rakib

I think the song turned out very nice despite all the frustration.
Not much to say,  but for the technical parts song is disturbed with background noise, is it possible to eliminate it?
^^

LPChip

Everyone, thanks for your great words. :) I really expressed myself there. At some points I was even partially surprised by how fast and aggressive I started to play :D

Quote from: "Rakib"I think the song turned out very nice despite all the frustration.
Not much to say,  but for the technical parts song is disturbed with background noise, is it possible to eliminate it?

I can only alter the the wave file as it is now. Its a direct recording. I can also convert it to a higher quality file, though that would mean that the filesize would increase too.

Maybe I can do a noisefilter on it... I have to look into that.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

uncloned

Is it possible to record midi  or is your instrument acoustic?

LPChip

Quote from: "uncloned"Is it possible to record midi  or is your instrument acoustic?

I can record midi, but I didn't recorded midi when playing this.

It has midi-out so I can easilly hook it up to my computer and use a sequencer to record my play to midi.

uncloned

That would be a way to eliminate noise. Midi record and then play back when you can.  I've been midi recording all performaces when posiible. If nothing else I have an instant score.

LPChip

Quote from: "uncloned"That would be a way to eliminate noise. Midi record and then play back when you can.  I've been midi recording all performaces when posiible. If nothing else I have an instant score.

Is there a freeware program that can use midi-in and save as midi?

uncloned

I think this will

http://www.reaper.fm/

Yes - look under hardware support and the proggy will run off a USB pen drive to boot. That's good programming!

http://www.reaper.fm/feat-techspecs.php

of course there is rosegarden on linux - but I'm getting frustrated with ubuntu myself.

Sam_Zen

Checked in CEP, but couldn't find any background noise, Rakib.

psishock

Such a lovely piece, again congrats, nice work LP. :cheers:
I love your velocity control and the speed changes. I haven't felt much frustration while listening, but rather enjoyed every second. Waiting for the next piece.
(hey... what forums are you managing again? I could bring some of them down, just because it seems that it gives you a creative inspiration ^^)

edit: About background noise, i couldn't found any. I thought that the reason could b my worthless gear, but looks like Sam is experiencing the same.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Rakib

I am very sorry. Just figured out that the noise came from my own headset. Very silently noise thats runs at the same level even the computer volume is 0 or 100 but is not present if it's muted. Anyone has an idea why?
^^

uncloned

yes, I didn't hear noise as well.

What kind of sound is it?

white noise - bad chip or on the outside bad resistor or capacitor
hum - bad power supply.

If you have a desktop a new sound card may help
or if on a laptop USB sound card.

psishock

Rakib, also check the recording controls in the volume manager, maybe you have some recording devices enabled as the microphone that are "receiving" noises all the time while you're listening to stuff (its the best to turn off any unnecessary devices anyway).
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)