[Album] BooT-SectoR-ViruZ - BOOTY no BAKA! (mp3)

Started by BooT-SectoR-ViruZ, February 07, 2009, 12:52:51

Previous topic - Next topic

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

Zartcore Prod. proudly presents:

01 - Identity
02 - Rausch
03 - West Wedding Groove Boxing
04 - Fucked In The Skull
05 - Auf die Fresse, Fertig, Los! (Virtual Sniper Version)
06 - ±NULL (No Strings Version)
07 - Bass Gegen Wolfgang
08 - Dirtbeat
09 - Kriegserklärung (v4)
10 - Space Pirate
11 - Berlin Torture Chamber Story ('Failure Asthetic' Remix by Coreline)

Total running time 48:17
Get it here for free: click

All tracks done with OPMT except #11.
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

Sam_Zen

Funny cover, 'Booty'..
I will take the time.

01 - nice introduction of the symphonic sound, didn't expect that.
02 - Cool. Is baka also jap. ?
03 - Dutch kids would call this a 'Fat' track.
I'm beginning to become a fan of your very personal style, with the quite 'raw' treatment of percussion sounds, and the very dedicated use of the quite 'tiny', almost hidden, sounds..
04 - Skull's coming..

psishock

getting better and better as i'm listening to the songs
-Kriegserklärung (v4)
-Space Pirate (would b my personal "best" pick from this album)
-Berlin Torture Chamber Story ('Failure Asthetic' Remix by Coreline)
are really nice ones.
I've only noticed that most of your song start really nice but they are getting repetitive after 2:30-3:00 mins, a little variation after a given time could improve the mood imo. And you don't like people who dresses up in nazi uniforms? I must bring some of my old pictures. :lol:

Sam: yea, "baka" is japanese (stupid or idiot and similar). You really need to watch more anime shows, they are saying it every time on most episodes. =)
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

uncloned

This music to me has "PARTY!" written all over it.

I normally don't go for this type of music but after listening through 3 times I must say I really appreciate your sense of developments and texture.

This is very good and thought out music.

psishock

QuoteThis music to me has "PARTY!" written all over it.
This means normally a good thing to me, but somehow you made it sound as you're not really into party stuff. :D

uncloned

Hi Psi

Party for me meant Pink Floyd and Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin and cheap beer

and this isn't that

now it means the irritating car next to me at the stop light with a subwolfer you can hear two blocks away that buzzes at each C-0

psishock

Gocha Uncloned, that's normal for your generation (i'm estimating that you're from 195x's somewhere). To be honest, even i'm not fully "compatible" with the nowdays musics, but doing my best to evolve and find a cross-line between it and myself. (i was a raver and a game-tune listener :))

uncloned

yep - 1958

I'm a child of the 70's - I had long hair and all - drove my parents nuts too.

The first big gig we had I had huge bell bottoms, 4 inch platforms and a leather vest with fringes

I'm glad I don't have a picture.

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

Quote from: "uncloned"
now it means the irritating car next to me at the stop light with a subwolfer you can hear two blocks away that buzzes at each C-0

:lol:

thanks for your feedback, guys  8)
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

Sam_Zen

For my party I prefer to add some joints to the cheap beer.
A car with a subwoofer ? This isn't that. As said, this is quality composing.
Sometimes I wonder why 'serious' composer of el. music often reject things, just because it could be "danceable".

uncloned

Sam,

If I don't like it... I simply don't like it. And when the emphasis is on a repetitive beat with little development in any category it bores me greatly. I see tons of tracks like that on traxinspace - with comment "great beat" and musically the piece is a desert. Throw in the fact that most scene music is without vocals and often what vocals are there is canned so any lyrics convey no meaning - I wonder what IS the point of listening?

I don't have a problem as to if people want to dance to music - but dance music, including electronic dance music, does no hold my attention and just becomes an irritation.

Of course - people often look at the music I like as an irritation - though I don't go for repetition often in any genre. Repetition can be a musical device yes, but to me not the reason for existence.

Considering I spent a couple hours listening to this I'd say this was not "rejected".

[/b]

Sam_Zen

To the brain, repetition is the heart of music. One can't hear a note, if the waveform wasn't repeated over and over.
The brain also looks for larger repeated patterns. If they are found too easy, boredom can be the result.
It's a difference whether someone makes a composition, and it happens that people start to dance on it, or someone making electronic dance music on purpose.

Saga Musix

Nice tunes!

"nein, kein märchen!" :DDDDDDDDDDDD
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

uncloned

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"To the brain, repetition is the heart of music. One can't hear a note, if the waveform wasn't repeated over and over.
The brain also looks for larger repeated patterns. If they are found too easy, boredom can be the result.
It's a difference whether someone makes a composition, and it happens that people start to dance on it, or someone making electronic dance music on purpose.

[edited out]
Then one should only have a bass drum banging away in 4/4 time and nothing else. This would be enough, no?[/edited out]

Music does have repetition yes, in some form - that is organization - but music should also have variation - this creates interest.

However, my problem is - if a piece is written intended to be danced to then that whole intent is lost upon me because I don't care to dance and I don't even feel that urge but very rarely. My motto was - I only dance with a guitar in my hands - since I tended to "pogo" during performances.

Truth is - most popular music has its roots in dance music - which is a parallel western tradition - minstrels and all. My personal taste is the minimization of the dance aspect. That's subjective.

Sam_Zen

The idea should be left that dancing is only possible on a stupid 4/4 march.
If I were a DJ at a party, I would turn the obvious around by playing something at 7/8 or 11/9, and say : - here you go, morons, dance to this..

05 - straight on
06 - didn't miss the strings.. :)
07 - a bit long .. Bass already did win, so why go on ?
08 - nice guitars - nice sandpaper .. :)
09 - mix a bit too monomatic. Strings too modest.
10 - string melodic ok, but could need some second chord note with it sometimes. Or maybe only with the return at 4:20.
11 - Brutal.