[LP] reTracked #1 (Disc Shelf)

Started by Louigi Verona, February 06, 2009, 12:17:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Louigi Verona

I am proud to present a very anticipated (by me) Disc Shelf release from the reTracked team.

http://www.disc-shelf.com/?album=74

The pouet prod can be found here: http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=24448

In short, for those who don't know, it is a project to make remakes of classic tunes - in most cases almost 100% alike, not remixes, but make them in modern sequencers, with good sounds and mixing.

Sam_Zen

A very good project, Louigi.
And nice to have the originals with it. Haven't heard all yet, but it seems a good bunch of happy tunes.

Louigi Verona

Yeah, and the have a second album out too...

Funny, Sam - you seem to be the only one commenting my releases here.

Sam_Zen

Well, your releases are often quite substantial in time.

Louigi Verona

Nah, they were like that for several years now but I had more success. I guess I am just loosing interest of this community, including TiS and CTG too.

tvdude

Please don't loose interest in this community Louigi.  While people may not take the time to comment on things a lot of the time, I guarantee you they still read, and they still listen.  I pop in from time to time, am always hoping to come here more often, but sometimes life gets in the way.  I was supposed to figure out some of the problems with my setup with another member here, and I was hoping to do it by the end of december, yet I haven't even had a chance to take the photos of my setup, and here it is February already.   I like you your stuff, so don't please don't go.  I think I need to make it a priority to be here more.  What is TiS and CTG?
tvdude
"If you look ten feet into a five foot well, you will see what you choose to see."

Nahkranoth

Hey hey hey, don't go, man! You are very interesting ambient composer and I don't want to lose an opportunity to listen and sometimes give a stupid comment :D
I am losing interest too, but man, it's aging and nothing else, you've got to disregard it :D

Rakib

Please also add what genre you are making. I try to give a comments when I find genre I like.
^^

psishock

Deeply agreed with others, Louigi, i'm listening to all of your linked stuff, but i've guessed that it feels tiresome to hear every time the "amazing work", and "stunning sounding" like comments. :D (but if it's needed, i can give it to every post, it's no biggy)
I have absolutely no negative comments to any of your recent work or any suggestions how could they be improved, they are perfect as they are. :D
So keep on posting and be sure that many of us will listen to them. Shouldn't loose faith, just because it "seems" that ppl are less interested about stuff than before.

tvdude: TiS is "Track in Space" music community and CTGmusic is "Celebrate the great music" community.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Sam_Zen

uncloned

Quote from: "Louigi Verona"Nah, they were like that for several years now but I had more success. I guess I am just loosing interest of this community, including TiS and CTG too.

LV - I just went down this page and found a total of two releases you have commented on that were not your own.

I can't say if you listen - but no one knows unless you comment.

In this forum people generally return a favor. I notice Barry listens to quite a few whenever he posts.

Leaving a comment and listening, especially to extended length pieces, takes effort and time on the part of others.

It just may be that others do not feel the desire to make the effort when you don't return the favor.

And your listening stats at traxinspace are the same - you listen to essentially only yourself. Out of the last 25 songs on traxinspace you listened to only 4 that were not your own - and you rated a max 5 star six tracks that you wrote but put up under a different ID.

People notice this.  Certainly the people at So On noticed this and it grew tiresome and contentious.

Now you certainly don't have to change because I say so, and I've mentioned this time and time again trying to repair your relationships at So On.

I just think its crazy to expect a different result.

Sam_Zen

hmm.. new perspectives.. I would say to LV : it's not necessary to behave like this.
I've decided to do many reviews, write comments about pieces. But if I feel pushed to anything, I quit.

If you're confident enough about the quality of the outcome, no PR tricks are necessary, or complaints about attention.
A comment about the volume of a lead instrument is helpful, a comment praising 'this is great' not quite.

psishock

Interesting and strong point Uncloned.
Looks like LV's relationship-issue has been ongoing for a while...
but i couldn't care less about past, i was (an am) a person that cares more about future.

As for myself, if i'm having a conversation with people, im creating more and more personal bonds with them, after one point they will pass the "neutral" state and i would call them "friends". Now, i've had a lot of interesting and friendly talk with quite a few people in this forum, commenting some of their works, and the idea of having some more interesting and constructive talking inspires me to do so. Commenting someone's post is almost like talking with a person to me, if i'm finding it more friendlier and closer, i'm looking more and more forward to check what is he trying to say, what point does he trying to make, even if i'm not fully compatible with his "way of thinking". It's really the same story with real-life too.

We certainly had a few post long talk here LV, but you kinda still feel like a stranger to me. Nevertheless, a warmer approach would definitely change that.

Sam: as for technical point of view, sure, a technical comment about the works helps the composer to make a better piece and improve the weak points, but the praising can be good for the ego and can also give inspiration. Luckily, we are adults and can go beyond the need of a daily complement to go on and create something nice.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Louigi Verona

Guys, thanks for all the feedback - it was a very pleasant surprise to me and I certainly did not mean I am going away - I thought my releases weren't just interesting. I am glad they are.

As for what Chris said, I believe it is a weird attitude. "If you don't listen to my music, then I won't listen to yours". I thought you listen to music if it's good. If you listen to music only because its author listens to your and your friends creations - well, it's your path, but I don't think I can follow it. I generally don't listen to too much music at all and everything that I listen to is very specific music. If I am not welcome by Uncloned because of that, so be it.

As for SoOn Chris, I believe it would be good if you do not start it. You personally treated me like noone ever did in the history of all my relationships in the Internet.

uncloned

Quote from: "Louigi Verona"

As for SoOn Chris, I believe it would be good if you do not start it. You personally treated me like noone ever did in the history of all my relationships in the Internet.

You are correct, I did treat you like that.

This treatment was welcoming you into my site over the strong objections of many close friends. I vouched for you based  on the many IM conversations I had with you.

In the end you totally embarrassed me and came close to ruining those friendships.

However, I will not further respond because this is not fair to modplug.