MPT Techy Christmas Compo Voting

Started by bvanoudtshoorn, December 24, 2008, 02:09:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Which track do you think should win the MPT Techy Christmas Compo?

Silent Night -- Jojo
3 (42.9%)
O come, O come, Emmanuel -- Barryvan
1 (14.3%)
Dark December Day -- LPChip
2 (28.6%)
Sweet Christmas Dreams -- Timinge
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: December 28, 2008, 02:09:15

bvanoudtshoorn

OK, so I basically just don't have the time to fix whatever it is that's causing the bug in the compo system, so you can just vote here. :) Soon after the 26th, I'll get LP to close the thread and we'll know who the winner is. :)

Here are the entries:

Silent Night -- Jojo
ULTRA-BAD 15 MIN PRODUCTION! HARD-LIMITED TO 0dB FOR YOUR LOUDNESS WAR PLEASURE. CHEESY TRACNE. LOOPED. FADE-OUT. SILENT NIGHT. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

O come, O come, Emmanuel -- barryvan
This is one of my favourite carols. (And yes, I know it's not 'techy', but I did use an extremely sophisticated VSTi for it. :D)

Dark December Day -- LPChip
I wanted to do something new for this competition, so I ended up making a drum 'n base/industrial track. This track gave me alot of problems due to so called insufficient CPU. that does affect the track a little bit, but I've given up on fixing that in time. :P
The techy part comes from the sounds used. They are pretty advanced sounding. The christmas part comes form the fact that I remixed both silent night and jingle bells. :)
I hope you enjoy it as much as I have making it. (the tweaking part was where I got it wrong :P)

Sweet Christmas Dreams -- Timinge
I made this just for fun last Saturday (12/13/08) and then saw this compo. I was going to smooth out the rough edges and try to make it sound all "good," but I didn't have time, and since it's not meant to be taken too seriously anyway, I figure that's okay. Enjoy.

Now go forth and cast your votes! You can also comment on the tracks in this thread, if you like. :) Make sure in your comments to indicate which track deserves the 'Best use of goat' award.

Saga Musix

1) LPChip
2) Saga
3) Barry
:P

EDIT: LOL, now the board is throwing error messages on me!!! :P
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Quote from: "Jojo"1) LPChip
2) Saga
3) Barry

This is also how I'd vote.

Do we only vote on one entry using the poll, or put 3 in order?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

KrazyKatz

I'm finding it tough to choose... I just want to get the general voting criteria. As far as I understand the it should be based on a xmas spirit in a techy way, ( as well as the usual creativity, musicality etc.. stuff)..

Or is it happy go lucky voting :P ?
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

Saga Musix

as we are not a jury or something like that, you are free to vote as you wish.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

How and when and what to do next? :P How long are we waiting until the ballot is closed?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

as i'm leading the results atm, we may close it... :P

psishock

Quote from: "LPChip"How and when and what to do next?
How 'bout we eat sumtin, then celebrate the new year tomorrow, surrounded with party hungry chicks?
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

bvanoudtshoorn

Well, I tried to use the 'Poll expires in x days' feature... So theoretically, when the poll is closed, the voting is closed. :) I think it may be closed now, in fact. So, who's gonna announce the winner. :p

LPChip

But I don't wanna close it... I mean, I'm not in the lead :P Not fair!!! :nuts:

EDIT: Hmm.. I don't seem to be able to lock the poll. I think its locked already.

Rakib

I don't like fact that its only 7 votes together. More people should vote.
^^