.52 Subtunes and the sequence list

Started by Saga Musix, December 09, 2008, 17:56:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.02.52

Has the bug occured in previous versions? If yes, please specify version(s): (This option is optional, and doesn't need research. But in case you know...)
all versions

Description of the bug:
It has always happened that the sequence list scrollbar is just as long as the first subtune. So if you have several subtunes in a song (seperated by "---"), you can only see them if you use the scrollbar buttons, but you cannot drag the scrollbar if the first subtune is too long. So the scrollbar maximum of the sequence list has to be extended.

Fixed in OpenMPT 1.17.02.53
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Relabsoluness

I wouldn't quite consider this as a bug, because I don't think '---' has been intended to be a subtune separator, or has it?

Saga Musix

One can't really speak about "intention" when it comes to mods, i believe. :D However, I know many tunes especially by members of the future crew who have created subtunes as such "hidden parts". All tunes in "Death Rally" for example have subsongs like this, and I'm using this method as well at the moment (or rather, I'm trying to find the best). I've send you a little patch which looks for the last used pattern instead of the first unused one, so all used patterns should always be accessible in the next version.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

coda has just reminded me that, by using "cleanup song", also subtunes are removed. This has to be changed as well.

emil1977

Where I can get OpenMPT v1.17.02.53?

LPChip

Quote from: "emil1977"Where I can get OpenMPT v1.17.02.53?

Build .53 hasn't been officially released yet because it contains too many bugs. Its more of a testbuild to adress .52 bugs. Maybe we should not post bugs about a non-official build. :P

Going to edit it to version .52
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

LPChip, don't write untruths. Build .53 has not "many bugs". It even has less bugs than .52. You have may have experienced some weird bugs in my "debug build", but that's merely because of the fact that it's a debug build which throws more errors than a regular build.
Anyway, Relabs fixed this bugs nicely.

LPChip

Quote from: "Jojo"LPChip, don't write untruths. Build .53 has not "many bugs". It even has less bugs than .53. You have may have experienced some weird bugs in my "debug build", but that's merely because of the fact that it's a debug build which throws more errors and a regular build.
Anyway, Relabs fxied this bugs nicely.

Do you mean that there's a .53 build available somewhere that I'm not having? :o
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

yes, but it's not for public spreading. you can build it from the sourcecode yourself, though. :P

LPChip

Quote from: "Jojo"yes, but it's not for public spreading. you can build it from the sourcecode yourself, though. :P

No I can't :P

Saga Musix

well, because you suck. that's a well-known fact. :P

LPChip

Quote from: "Jojo"well, because you suck. that's a well-known fact. :P

I rest my case.

Really Weird Person

You may want to be careful, Jojo. LPChip may ban you if you are not careful about comments like that. Despite what the intention may have been, LPChip may take the comment a different way. As for the build .53 thing, I would hazard to guess that it is still a work in progress. Perhaps, depending on what my problem is with my 1.04 GB song is, it may be able to open it. Perhaps the new build will lock the keyboard while the song is playing. That would be a nice thing [as you would probably not be editing a song while it is playing anyway].