Default volume for instruments in pattern editor

Started by bvanoudtshoorn, December 02, 2008, 10:58:04

Previous topic - Next topic

bvanoudtshoorn

It'd be nice to be able to set a default volume for notes input in the pattern editor. At the moment, if I'm working at very low volumes, and forget to put a vxx command in, I can get a nasty shock, and I don't think it's good for my ears. :)

It'd be even nicer if this could have some sort of 'randomness' level, as well, so we could say, for example, 'Default volume 42+/-4', with the values distributed according to, say, a Normal distribution.

Saga Musix

about the 2nd feature, it is already there in the instrument settings: random variation.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

bvanoudtshoorn

For plugins? And with precisely definable limits? :)

It'd also be good to have hard values put in, because then they can be manually tweaked if necessary.

Saga Musix

i don't know if it works for plugins, but it should. and if it doesn't, i blame... someone! :nuts:
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

bvanoudtshoorn

I'd really like to bump this old request... :D

Saga Musix

old? not at all. :P what I'd really like would be a MPT 1.17.02.53, but that's a different story.

Harbinger

Bumping request to include set volumes, as is done with split instruments.