Disable sound reset on loop

Started by Saga Musix, November 27, 2008, 09:52:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

I thought that it would be nice to have an option to *not* cut off notes when a song is returning to position 0. That way, some chiptunes and other looped tunes that sound okay in any other tracker would also sound ok in modplug.

Edit: I fixed this! ^___^
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

LPChip

Then just add a loop in it?

If you define a B00 in your song on the last row of the last pattern, it will work.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

i do know that i can edit modules with modplug, thank you. but that is not my point. this is just like saying "if you want to listen to this tune twice, why don't you just render it twice into one wave file?". and i can imagine that i can code this into modplug. :P
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

I just say that I don't see a point in this.

But if you really want this to be in, then atleast make it optional, cus I love the fact that it resets the song on playback.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

psishock

Quote from: "Jojo"i do know that i can edit modules with modplug

Quote from: "LPChip"But if you really want this to be in, then atleast make it optional
He started his sentence with that: :D
QuoteI thought that it would be nice to have an option
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Saga Musix

compatiblity *is* a concern for me and MPT is actually the only player that i'm aware of that resets notes.

psishock

Quotecompatiblity *is* a concern for me and MPT is actually the only player that i'm aware of that resets notes.
This may be true, i'm not aware of this behavior on any other tracker as well.
Support+ for more compatibility.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Sam_Zen

If it's about saving a looped song as wav, it's becoming quite tricky.
Whether you do it by adding a B00 at the last row or setting the Restart in the General tab to a certain pattern number, with the 'Loop Song' box enabled,
in both cases the risk exists that the rendering will go on and on. So there has to be some restriction.
As is suggested here.

Imo the best position for such a restriction would be in the "Wave Convert" dialog by adding an option to set the number of loops for rendering the WAV.
If relevant.