[Chillout/Ambient] DS-10 Spooky Forest (.mp3)

Started by LPChip, November 21, 2008, 20:36:26

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

Have you ever heard reverb on a Korg DS-10? Well, technically, its not really reverb, but the delay, that produces a similar effect to reverb. I used this to create strings like sound. My initial goal was to create an Ambient track. I even set the BPM to 10 and it worked quite well. Too bad that I got all these faster melodies in my head that I couldn't write down due to the speed. So I decided to set the speed higher and clear the patterns. I ended up with 45 BPM. I'm very proud on the sounds that I made.

I've got a new camera, and that allowed me to get a better quality video than my previous video's. In addition, I've recorded the video also through my line-in. After that, I edited the video and replaced the audio with the line-in recording. This produces a much better sound on youtube. Its nearly the quality that you get when you download the mp3 version, except ofcource that the mp3 version is just the song, not all the edits afterwards, which you'll get on youtube. :)

I also made a youtube version of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk-Pt9qoNHo

If you want the mp3 version, click here: http://files.lpchip.nl/lpchip/LPChip%20-%20DS-10%20Spooky%20Forest.mp3
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

Beauty work, LPChip.
The tube-sound has indeed improved, but of course it stays mono.
So I prefer the mp3-version.

uncloned

this is really a nice composition - and to think what you are doing it on!!

this is really great!

LPChip

:D Thanks.

I'm getting alot of positive feedback on this song. Even more than I had expected. This feels so great!!! :nuts: Keep em coming though :lol:
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Louigi Verona