[Classical] Journey (MP3) I just finished my degree! :D

Started by bvanoudtshoorn, November 13, 2008, 13:51:34

Previous topic - Next topic

bvanoudtshoorn

Today I wrote my last ever exam at university. Soon, I will get my rather expensive piece of paper. :) Anyway, to celebrate, I wrote an orchestral piece of music which paints the picture of the last few weeks. I won't discuss it too much, because I'm interested to see how other people interpret it. :)

Get it here.

Nahkranoth

Warning! Spoilers ahead! :D
Struggle and anticipation that changes into relief and joy (I'm not talking about laxatives here :lol: ). I would even call this piece epic if it was a bit more longer. Here I can't predict the next pattern, it changes in a fast but fluent way, I always liked those tense/sinister parts and you used some transitions here and there.
Honestly, I would trade all your dance tracks (if I might) for compositions like this :D

Sam_Zen

It describes tensions indeed. Agree with Nah about unpredictability.

uncloned

Very nice piece Barry, nice production and development.

Perhaps the best compliment I can give you:

Upon playing my daughter said "Is that from Lord of the Rings?"

bvanoudtshoorn

Thanks for the feedback, Nahkranoth, S_Z, and Clones! I'm glad you all enjoyed it. Yes, there's a fair bit of tension in the track, because I just recently handed in my thesis and wrote my last two exams ever... And there's naturally some relief coming out of that. :) As to LOTR... That is a compliment. The music in those movies was fantastic. Perhaps part of the reason was the fact that I just recently got my hands on some nice 'cinematic' percussion, which I use a lot in this track.