[House]Raving Lunatic(mp3)

Started by Harbinger, November 08, 2008, 03:14:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Harbinger

Raving Lunatic

More mindless music for a Rave DJ. Altho i have the story layout in my mind, i prefer to leave this open to your own imaginations. I will say the song starts with a young adult, approaching a Rave club ("discotheque", for you Europeans) with an insatiable need to let loose and dance. Follow along with the music from here.

Yjana programmed and mixed the drums, and i did the rest. I used the Superwave P8 VSTi for the stereo industrial synth, and the String Theory VSTi for the trance melody synth; the other synth sounds were samples. This took us about 4 days worth of MPT work, so not a big project.

You may use at your personal discretion, but please no for-profit or broadcast playback or recording. (The link above takes you to the license page first.)

UPDATE: The license to this song is hereby transferred in whole to the artist known publicly as Tassel of Blue, who holds and may administer all rights and privileges to this song. This takes effect 4/25/9.

Sam_Zen

First I thought the eq was set to a too low range, lacking 'sparkle', but it appeared to be an intro stage.

If this is made for a Rave DJ, this would be a typical example to use the live-performance properties of MPT.

If you would privide the original (IT I suppose) module file, and MPT to the DJ, you're able to add instructions about handling the piece in a live event.
So the DJ can decide to make the duration of the song, by getting a hold in a pattern(s) loop, make a jump back- or forward in the song, and having control over the moment of ending the piece by jumping to the closing pattern. Depending on the atmosphere and the public response.

Harbinger

You took me a touch too literally, Sammy!!::)

It's music you might hear by an imagined DJ at a Rave somewhere; i wasn't saying this was supposed to be for a DJ to play...8)

Sam_Zen