[melodic tech-trance?] Signal Chain - Aura (mp3) full

Started by psishock, November 03, 2008, 03:50:39

Previous topic - Next topic

psishock

Alright, looks like im on fire with finished posts lately. ;)
I think my oldest Renoise piece is finished finally, i've had to wait till now with it, because i wasn't prepared mentally to finish and develop this piece until recently, also i had to upgrade my hardware to hold up all the pretty layers and sounds. So even now, this piece barely can play realtime on my new intel e8400 core2duo, overclocked @ ~4.4ghz :D (someplace cant even play fluidly with this atom reactor x)
This is my biggest project till now, worked and brained many days on it, but enough talk, enjoy the trip!

Signal Chain - Aura
http://psi.lp1.nl/music//SignalChain-Aura.mp3
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Sam_Zen

Quite powerful parts, could be made longer, sloppy ending.

psishock

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"Quite powerful parts
yup, tech-trance means something quite powerful and technical sounding.

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"could be made longer, sloppy ending.
but of course! I've just warmed up the mood, the main part should get extracted right after the song got cut here, i'm estimating about 5-6 minute runtime for this tune. This is not the end of it, i can assure you. =)

Sam_Zen

Yep, I noticed 'progress piece'.
So first of all, the intro has a lot of potentials, so could be prolonged ( > 30 secs) without getting bored.

psishock

Quotethe intro has a lot of potentials, so could be prolonged ( > 30 secs) without getting bored.
hmm, these comments from the "outer listeners" comes actually very handy. I'm usually listening to the same piece of song over and over (for days) when i'm making it, finetuning every inch of it, so i could get bored without fast, technical changes, but for someone that never listened to it, the storytelling can go a bit slower, i agree.

Saga Musix

nice composition. i agree that this has to be much longer. :)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

KrazyKatz

Hey Psishock.

I don't always get around to commenting on everyone's works due to always being insanely busy, So now that I have half a chance I just wanted to mention that all the works I've heard from you have astounded me.

Definitely a wizard in the Electronic genre. Looking forward to your full finished pieces. :D
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

psishock

Thank you KrazyKatz! :boogie:
This fills me with confidence, i'll get myself and compose a bit more right away. ^^

KrazyKatz

Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

uncloned

this is much more interesting than the usual trance piece

very dramatic - sort of has a bouncy feel to it.

psishock

Quote from: "uncloned"this is much more interesting than the usual trance piece
Well, the Signal Chain project of mine is aiming for everything but "usual" trance. The genre needs to be reformed a bit nowdays imo. :D I'm trying to be creative and variable as possible, to keep the listeners interest.

Quote from: "uncloned"very dramatic - sort of has a bouncy feel to it.
Indeed, you've got the "message" ;). One of the most obvious keys of this sounding (and the most of my recent works) are the carefully managed volume envelopes on every channel and sound. I takes a quite while, together with speculation, to figure out when should the sound attack in the given situation and when should i release it, but it's very enjoying to make and the result is rewarding. :D

Sam_Zen

2nd listen
Intro has the right length, according to the moment of the introduction of the low kick.
Very nice balanced stereo position of the sounds.
Just when I get into the flow, it's cut off... aarrgh..

psishock

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"Just when I get into the flow, it's cut off... aarrgh..
I'm working on it :oops:... together with more tunes in a same time, depending on the given mood... It's just my working style, a bit unorganized yes, but this way, i will never feel that i've rushed some parts of any songs (every moment is important), and can listen to WIP pieces with fresh ears.

bvanoudtshoorn

This is great, Psishock! :D I really enjoyed it. Only one thing -- is it just me, or is there a slight right-channel bias? I think that your ping-pong delays all go right first. Or something. :)

When do we get to hear the full version? ;)

psishock

You have very sharp ears Barry if you have noticed even this :D. You are absolutely correct, indeed they "all" go right atm.
I'm balancing the DSP effects this deep level only in the final mixing, when composing the piece is all finished.
(i wanted to ask you, do you know, by any chance a delay VST, that changes the direction with every new note received (without the need of external workaround from the composer), but yet again i've realized that it's impossible :D. How can the poor delay VST separate the pure new notes from the jungle of processed sounds rushing to him? I'll probably end up using more instances and good old workarounds again ;) )
QuoteWhen do we get to hear the full version?
This year, i hope! :o (month and a half to finish it, so i must go haste =)