[Chip/Funk] DS-10 Crusade (.mp3)

Started by LPChip, October 31, 2008, 22:01:15

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

This is my third attempt to make a song in the new Korg DS-10. As Chiptunes are my roots in music, and this machine really has the kind of sound for it, I wanted to make a nice chiptune styled song. Getting the sounds was easy, making it sound good was more challenging. While playing with various settings, I quickly found that adding a swing to it gave it that extra touch. Without, it still sounds nice, but with, its just much better. I made clever use of one drum sound as 3rd layer for the second synth and as sound on its own, which even more adds to the feeling of a chiptune.

I've made a movie of me controlling it, and put it on youtube. The end of the movie shows some info about the song.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dH2G92gHiE

You can download the mp3 version here:
http://files.lpchip.nl/lpchip/LPChip%20-%20DS-10%20Crusade.mp3
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

You're certainly are progressing with this instrument.

LPChip

Thanks. :) Do you also like it, or was that more camouflaging you disliking it? :nuts:
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

psishock

way to go LP ^^, nice groove you have there. This DS Korg looks fun on first sight.
I wonder if it can be connected to PC somehow to use it as an external midi instrument :D
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

LPChip

Quote from: "psishock"way to go LP ^^, nice groove you have there. This DS Korg looks fun on first sight.
I wonder if it can be connected to PC somehow to use it as an external midi instrument :D

It can't. Most definatelly not. Its a game with an interface on its own. The only connection you can make to a pc are the headphones.

Sam_Zen

As psishock, I wondered about that too. So it's just an external instrument, which can be recorded.

Camouflaging ? C'mon LP, you should know better. I would never do that in my comments.
Just read it as a compliment, because the piece is better than the former ones.

uncloned

I like this better too LP - in fact it is really quite good

no stereo spread?