[Synth/Industrial] DS-10 Wandering (.mp3)

Started by LPChip, October 21, 2008, 18:21:53

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

This is my first attempt to make a song in the new Korg DS-10. Before making this, I fiddled a little bit with the controls to familiarise myself with it, then started a new project making this song. I'm very pleased with how it turned out, and I show you what you can do with this piece of software!

I've made a movie of me controlling it, and put it on youtube. The end of the movie shows some info about the song. :)

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=-oA-X8FynpQ

Interested in downloading an mp3 version?
http://files.lpchip.nl/lpchip/LPChip%20-%20DS-10%20Wandering.mp3

Enjoy, and feedback is welcome :D
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

Well, looks like a versatile machine. A very good start.

Harbinger

Jotting notes as i listen:

DS-10 Wandering: My drummer listened to it and was impressed by the tres cool opening 4/4 beat. Once the DS-10 entered though, the quality went downhill. However, i loved most of the chord progression.

Y'know, if you release again with different timbres, and then actual provide an ending for the song, you'd have a damn good piece!

Cheap advice: Nothing wrong with the synth, just put it in the background as accomp for a stylish EG. And keep that cool beat (that's from Yjana)!

mrvegas

Good fun -- cool sounds from the synth.

unfa

I agree. Nice pice. Maybe only the rising effect sounds a bit too hard for me ("wziiioooouu...!"), but all the rest sounds quite proffesional i think. Nice square synths.

Good work, Mr. Admin!
my music Right now. I'am working with OpenMPT on Ubuntu. Just a bit harder... but still possible and I'am happy about this :)

LPChip

Thanks. :) Yes, I agree that sound is too hard. I already changed it, but I'm kind of lazy to record everything again :P
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

uncloned

LPChip

Thanks :) My aim was a bit of '80 synth, but it went quite early to industrial, and I didn't mind, so I named both as style :D