[Space Music]Approaching Destination(mp3)

Started by Harbinger, October 07, 2008, 01:52:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

uncloned, DOSBox 0.72 is the latest version with more speedups and stuff :D btw, it's no wonder that it doesn't work with 3000 cycles... :P set the cycles to something higher or set them to "max" (dunno if that exists in 0.65), and, most important: use the GUS mode, since that needs the least processing power (hardware mixing is emulated faster than the software mixing).
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

uncloned

@ Sam

http://clones.soonlabel.com/public/ft209/ft209.zip

I believe this is the original distribution zip file.

amazing to think that such a powerful program can be less than the size of a 360k floppy when compressed. All hail assembler programming!

What is PMP?

and.. I still have a copy of FT101 from 1993. (it is older I bet - that is probably the date I DL'd it - jan of 93))

That's the tracker Bill Clinton used ;) err - more likely his cat socks.

And that means my first mods were older than 1993 - my first ones used a memory resident editor (modedit?) and you had to save and open a dos shell to hear your work. That was tedious and certainly forced composing by hearing stuff in your head.

uncloned

Quote from: "Jojo"uncloned, DOSBox 0.72 is the latest version with more speedups and stuff :D btw, it's no wonder that it doesn't work with 3000 cycles... :P set the cycles to something higher or set them to "max" (dunno if that exists in 0.65), and, most important: use the GUS mode, since that needs the least processing power (hardware mixing is emulated faster than the software mixing).

Thanks JoJo - I'll give that a try. As I remember one version had trouble after 0.65 so I didn't bother with it - and obviously haven' looked in a while.

Sam_Zen

2 uncloned
Thanks a lot for 2.09 !

The size : yep, indeed assembler programming.. Very efficient.
In those times lotsa compressed games, like 6 different pinball tables, fitting on just one or two 1.4 diskettes.

I started with FT 2.00 in 95. Didn't need a dosbox or -shell, it was just running on a DOS 6.22 machine.
I know I did tracker things before that, with a FT1 version, or another editor, but traces of that are lost in my archive.

I recall 'modedit', but wasn't this for the first windoze environment ? Later I added Win 3.11 on that machine.
There was Mod4Win, which was just terrible.

PMP was added to the package as a stand-alone DOS-player of tracker files, like MPP with MPT.

uncloned

uncloned

Harbinger

My spot has been hijacked!!!:o

Can you guys use PM please....::)

uncloned

I apologize

perhaps we should put up an old tracker thread in general

Sam_Zen

residentgrey

25 for this guy, that happened a few weeks ago. Nice piece off...music. Honest! LOL  :D
No two people are not on fire...AWWW!

Web and Graphic Design just for you!
I r GhostMech on there, forever scouting.

bvanoudtshoorn

This is an awesome track, Harbinger! I really like it - it's got "oomph". :)

mrvegas

Interesting track -- I like the actual melodic part coming in around 3:45.

On the tracker discussion, if you're looking to use fasttracker again, try Milkytracker.  It's available for a number of different operating systems, and has some great features while being true to fasttracker.  (I think the link is www.milkytracker.net )  Also, you can draw your own waveforms or choose from standard forms for easy chip-tune creation.  Great piece of software.  (I still use MPT, though.)  And, of course, it has the oscilliscopes.