How to assing more VST effect to a single VST instrument?

Started by psishock, July 31, 2008, 18:59:52

Previous topic - Next topic

psishock

I would like to know, if there is any way to assign more VST effect to a single VST instrument?
I am aware, that i can link up the VST effects together (example fx10->fx11->fx12), but there are times when you need that "pure" signal for every effect independently.
I'll try to draw it to make myself more clear:

I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

LPChip

Its impossible to do that in OpenMPT directly.

It is possible to do this in Xlutop Chainer. This is a vst plugin that allows you to make chains. You can assign inputs and reroute to several busses to apply what you're after.

This plugin does costs money though, but you can atleast try out if its what you're after for free. (limitation is saving and loading)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

psishock

Ahhh, thank you LPChip, that is indeed a very powerful plugin, and can do exactly what i was looking for. Cheers and nice developing ;)
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

bvanoudtshoorn

Yeah, xlutop rocks. LP got me onto it a while ago, and I absolutely love its flexibility.

Dictator

I like the plugin too. I'm using the free version so I must write the used settings and plugins somewhere so I can set them up when I continue making a song. It's a pain, but all plugins I use are freeware and I don't want to make an exception. I use it mainly for guitar effects.

anboi

ooh, thanks for reminding me about this plugin - i've had the demo for a while but shall definitely get the full version. it's so amazingly useful to be able to instantly recall a full effect chain of particular favourites, including VSTis (i think, not dabbled enough yet!). not sure on how passing automation through works or if it does though but i'll go have a fiddle! i've been using the free VB_FFX4 directx wrapper which is very handy for directx plugins but can't do complex routing and the free one only has 4 slots which can prove a little limiting. (and indeed confusing when you have lots of them loaded since they have the same name and it's easy to get lost).

bvanoudtshoorn

If you have any questions about automation etc, anboi, LP and I can help you out. :) They do work - I use 'em. You do have to do a two-stage process, though. And yeah, you can chain up instruments as well as effects.

LPChip

And you can automate too. I haven't fiddled with it, but I'm quite sure it'll work the following.

From whitin the chainer, you can set an automation to any of the plugins. That gets mapped to a parameter accessable by openmpt. You then automate that parameter. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

anboi

excellent! thanks guys, i will just buy the full one then, i'm already used to a few plugins where you have to use a midi CC then make the plugin itself learn the params or type them in so this should not be much different.