Converting from IT to MOD, bad sample quality loss...

Started by Sylus101, June 09, 2008, 21:17:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "bvanoudtshoorn"avoid :xx (incidentally, can someone explain to me what this does? It doesn't appear to send any MIDI messages whatsoever according to the MidiMonitor plugin, regardless of what values I give it and what volume processing I select).
Maybe LPChip can tell:
Quote from: "history.txt"? Half-finished "velocity" command (Ask LPChip about this).
(what a well documented feature :)) To me it seems that the command affects both volume and sample offset: the higher the parameter, the higher the volume and the smaller the offset. It's worth noting though that the current implementation is buggy due to which the the offset part is not handled reasonably for parameter values 7,8,9 (if you want to examine the code, search for string "SampleOffset(nChn, 48-(vol << 3), bPorta);" in file snd_fx.cpp).

LPChip

Quote from: "Relabsoluness"Maybe LPChip can tell:
Quote from: "history.txt"? Half-finished "velocity" command (Ask LPChip about this).
(what a well documented feature :)) To me it seems that the command affects both volume and sample offset: the higher the parameter, the higher the volume and the smaller the offset. It's worth noting though that the current implementation is buggy due to which the the offset part is not handled reasonably for parameter values 7,8,9 (if you want to examine the code, search for string "SampleOffset(nChn, 48-(vol << 3), bPorta);" in file snd_fx.cpp).

Yes, its indeed a combination of doing Vxx and Oxx.

The idea is, that ?9 gives V64 O00, thus, full sound. but decreasing the ?parameter lowers volume and increases the offset. The idea is to be used in conjunction with SDx (note delay) to get realistic piano, guitar, etc... sounds.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

charles0111

Quote from: "Sylus101"Sadly, I'm working on project for home written Nintendo DS game and it appears that mod is the only format that works for longer music files. It can take raw data too, but that seems to be reserved for shorter sound affect files.

me too.

if straightly pick the downloaded mod format file from internet,or creating a new mod format file with Modplug tracker,they all can be played in NDS

but the matter is when turn the mid format file into mod format file by Modplug tracker,and then pick the translated mod  in NDS,it can't be played,it donesn't work.

who might tell how to translate mid to mod that can be played well in NDS,thank you very much.