"Toggle Release Node" for all envelope

Started by Saga Musix, May 25, 2008, 14:55:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Right now, Toggle Release Node is only available for the volume envelope. It would be quite nice to have this for panning and filter/pitch envelopes, too.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

Never noticed that. What does this Release Node do ?

LPChip

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"Never noticed that. What does this Release Node do ?

Its a feature I once requested. Basically when you have an envelope with more than 2 points (otherwise it would be pointless XD) you can set one of these nodes to be a release node.

The line after the releasenode becomes yellow. Whenever a note-off is being issued, the envelope will jump to the releasenode and continue from there, regardless if a loop is present or not.

More info, see wiki: (including examplesong) http://openmpt.xwiki.com/xwiki/bin/view/Manual/InstrumentReleaseEnvelope
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

Thanks, nice info.
So in this case, if it would be implemented to e.g. panning as well, it should follow the panning value of that point,
just as done with the volume value of that node.

LPChip

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"Thanks, nice info.
So in this case, if it would be implemented to e.g. panning as well, it should follow the panning value of that point,
just as done with the volume value of that node.

Yes. :)

This allows you to create realistic piano sounds and such. Cus you can make 2 envelopes. One for when its normally played, and one for when the key is being released.

Although I don't really see a reason for pitch changing, panning and filter envelopes would certainly add potential. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

bvanoudtshoorn

Quote from: "LPChip"Although I don't really see a reason for pitch changing, panning and filter envelopes would certainly add potential. :)

Actually, this could be useful for pitch envelopes. I use dropoffs on notes every now and then (listen to the flute line in "Drifting", for example), and a lot of instruments are played like this. :)

LPChip