1.17.02.52 Problem with EnergyXT GUI

Started by Nahkranoth, April 29, 2008, 09:29:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Nahkranoth

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.02.52

Has the bug occured in previous versions?
Most definitely, yes.

Description of the bug:
EnergyXT GUI shows blank space instead of controls or appearing somewhere outside of its bounds.

How often does it happen?:
Always.

How to reproduce (step by step description):
1. Download EnergyXT demo (either 1.4x of 2.xx, it doesn't matter) :D
2. Add its corresponding VSTi or VST .dll into OMPT.
3. Attach it as an instrument or an effect.
4. Try to show its GUI - everything is OK. Close and open the GUI again. Now you can see the problem.

And in other hosts everything's working fine, Chainer for example.

bvanoudtshoorn

Hmm... A couple of plugs (and programs in general) have issues if you have any "special effects" enabled, like "fading in windows" under XP (provided by ATI and nVidia control panels)...

Nahkranoth

Just tried it at work on crappy machine with effects turned off. Opened the GUI for the first time: OK
For the second time: OK (Damn! - I thought to myself)
Then I started clicking the "Plugin" button like mad and finally here it is:

Nahkranoth

cough, cough...
Please devs, look at this issue :crybaby: This is the only thing that stops me from buying eXT (well, and the absence of Paypal and similar ones here in Ukraine :) )
Maybe it has something to do with resizeable GUIs?

I know, many people would recommend a workaround using Chainer, but isn't it some kind of perversion to use a host under the host under the host?

psishock

Quotebut isn't it some kind of perversion to use a host under the host under the host?
Naaaaaaaaah, it's totally cool. :D Renoise example got so much better VST system than OMPT, but i'm still using Chainer in it 'cause it makes my life so much easier with ember volume, panning, wet/dry, multiple input, drag and drop, easy turn on/off, and... well, that chain VST system =).
Don't look at Chainer as a "workaround", look at it as an OMPT extension that makes it "perfect". =)
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Saga Musix

Now that I finally found a download link for the VST version of energyXT, I was able to reproduce and fix this bug...
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

psishock

I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Rakib

Finding the download link was the hardest part of the job? :p
^^

Saga Musix

In fact, yes. :P Having to enter an e-mail for downloading was already annoying enough, however not finding a VST .dll in the download packet stopped me to pursue this bug any further.
The actual solution was found in about five minutes, as I had a very good idea of what to look for in the code.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

Rakib

It works for me, but I guess Nahkranoth should also have a word to say here.
^^

Saga Musix

Indeed he should. Can you please confirm that this has been fixed with OpenMPT 1.19?

Nahkranoth

I'm not frequent at the forums (and music making) for nearly 2 years, so
sorry for the late answer but yes, it has been fixed (the same issue was with EnergyXT2 too) ;D
Thanks Jojo, you're the MAN!

Saga Musix

Glad to see you back, and glad to hear that the fix works for you. :)