1.17.02.52 Plugin loading/missing bug

Started by LPChip, April 26, 2008, 22:26:14

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.02.52

Has the bug occured in previous versions? If yes, please specify version(s): (This option is optional, and doesn't need research. But in case you know...)
Haven't tested

Description of the bug:
If you load in a song that uses a plugin that you currently don't have, it gets added to the list of plugins installed. I don't get a message that asks me if I want to search for it on KVR. Possibly its still in my cache somehow, but I don't use the plugin anymore, so I removed it.

Now, I have closed OpenMPT and reopened, and I get the message that it can't find this plugin, because it was added to the list while the file doesn't exist.

How often does it happen?:
Always

How to reproduce (step by step description):
I guess this has something to do with adding a plugin.
Make a song with the plugin, then move the file itself, then removing it from the list, then load a song that uses that plugin, then close mpt, then reopen.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Fixed. Deleted plugin files that were previously cached but are no longer in the list of known plugins should no longer get re-added to the list automatically.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.