Barryvan Compo: Round 6 Begins!

Started by bvanoudtshoorn, March 31, 2008, 06:34:11

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

Just a notification to everyone.

27th of september is the deadline for voting.

If you're not planning to vote for me, disregard the next message :nuts: j/k

Don't forget to vote, and even if you haven't participated, there are 6 great tracks waiting to be heard. Voting for them is just a matter of a few clicks anyway.

Only 4 days left!
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

uncloned

bvanoudtshoorn

Thanks to all those who've voted so far.

And the rest of you - as LP suggests, get a move on! :)

LPChip

I guess voting is closed now? Who has won? :nuts:
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

LPChip

And the results are in! :)

http://test.pbc.wa.edu.au/compo/?page=results

I am wondering now if I've become 2nd or partially first? X)

And I also wonder if I shouldn't be first, because I have received more votes than anyone. :nuts: (yeah, I can try can't I? X)

älskling

Quote from: "LPChip"And I also wonder if I shouldn't be first, because I have received more votes than anyone. :nuts: (yeah, I can try can't I? X)
I think pracitce is usually that the one with the most first place votes win.

LPChip

Quote from: "älskling"
Quote from: "LPChip"And I also wonder if I shouldn't be first, because I have received more votes than anyone. :nuts: (yeah, I can try can't I? X)
I think pracitce is usually that the one with the most first place votes win.

I... I... I dont want to believe that.... :nuts:

uncloned

bvanoudtshoorn

Sorry for the late notice...

Official Results
1st Place - DeeKyoo - Cross the line (20pts, 6 votes for first)
2nd Place - LPChip - Enigma Intensity (20pts, 3 votes for first)
3rd Place - Clones - Enigma (15pts)
4th Place - Nahkranoth - Kadath (14pts)
5th Place - aGp - She was an enigma (9pts)
6th Place - Sam_Zen - Var plus (6 pts)

It was an incredibly good round this time. All six entries were phenomenal. You see, running this compo is purely selfish - I just want to get good music out of it! :D

Congratulations to all the entrants, and especially DeeKyoo and LP, who managed to equal each other in points. DeeKyoo takes the win, though, with more votes for first. As you can see, the entire competition was very closely fought. Congrats and thanks to Clones, Nahkranoth, aGp, and Sam_Zen as well.

The next round will begin soon, once I've got everything finalised. Here's a hint, though: "If you go down to the woods today..."

LPChip

Quote from: "bvanoudtshoorn""If you go down to the woods today..."

I'm not. Its raining cats and dogs here. Last place I'd wanna be is in the forest. :nuts:

bvanoudtshoorn

Round 6 Begins!
For round 6, the inspiration is a classic children's song - "If you go down to the woods today". :) It's available in a whole bunch of formats (IT, OpenMPT, MIDI, PDF, PNG) on the competition website, so head over and start writing!

Dates for Round 6 (tentative)
Entry period: 30th September -- 10th November
Voting period: 11th November -- 26th November

Nahkranoth

I think LPChip is the winner, since DeeKyoo's track has nothing to do with the inspiration. Just wanted to say that.

[EDIT]
I can get no (ta-da-da...) Inspiration! (ta-da-da)... :D
I just can't download them. Maybe Barry just uploading?

Sam_Zen

If I would go down the woods today, I would find large areas of cut trees, to make plantations to produce palm oil.
To feed the fuel engines of SUV's.

EDIT
Couldn't download either, except for the shown picnic bitmap.

bvanoudtshoorn

Sorry! Guess that'll teach me to check my links... All fixed now. :)

uncloned

somber song - I've not heard this one before.