Trim sample around loop points

Started by Saga Musix, March 30, 2008, 13:23:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

With Ctrl+T, you can trim the marked part of sample. The shortcut description proposes "Trim around loop points". This actually does not happen. So my request is: If no part of the sample is marked, trim it around the loop points!

Implemented in OpenMPT 1.17.02.53
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

Interesting item.
Ctrl+T only works, if a drawn selection has been made of the sample.
If this is done manually, it can be different from the area between the loop points.
Some apps have the ability to make these points 'magnetic' when selecting.

I fully agree with your request, because now it's a oneway thing:

1) If marking an area as selection, the contextmenu offers :
~ Set as Loop. So start and end of the selection are transferred as values for the loop points in the boxes.
~ Trim. It just crops the sample area, but the values of the loop points are not changed accordingly.
So they could become quite irrelevant. A workaround with Ctrl+A and Set as Loop to re-value is not possible.

2) If having set the start and end loop points without any highlighted selection :
~ First of all, at least on my machine, these vertical lines are very thin and hard to see. Maybe a '^' at the top.
~ Afaik there's no command to make a highlighted selection of the area between those points.

OT: In cases like this, when, while reviewing, I'm testing things out, it would be great if MPT would have an 'Undo'.

Saga Musix

Almost done, it works with Ctrl+T already, just have to adjust the context menu :)
EDIT: All Done :]
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Skaven

Even the original ModPlug Tracker had multiple Cleanup features, including Cleanup Samples. This does exactly what you described: removes unused sample data beyond the loop points.

( How come nobody noticed? Or did you? :) )

älskling

Cleanup Samples only removes sample data after the last loop point, not before the first.

Saga Musix

correct. "Trim around" is not "Trim after". :p