[Lounge/New Age] Windowed Experience (.mp3)

Started by LPChip, March 24, 2008, 17:40:57

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

This song was made using only the sounds that comes with Windows XP (which includes the Win95 sounds).

I've posted it as a youtube video too, so you can actually see the notes. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbJrJD328Bg

Style: Lounge/New Age
Length: 3:48

If you wish to download the mp3 version of this movie, go here: http://files.lpchip.nl/lpchip/Windowed%20Experience.mp3

The instruments used are as follows:
BDRUM Windows XP Balloon (pitch)
HIHAT Windows Navigation Start
SNARE Windows XP Restore (trim)
SNARE Windows XP Minimise (trim)
BASS Windows Information Bar (loop)
AMBISTR chimes (loop)
SWEEP ir_end (loop, vol and pitch)
FLUTE notify (loop)
PIANO Windows XP Print (trim)
PLING Windows XP Ding
EPIANO Windows XP Exclaimation (trim)
TIMPANY Windows XP Warning (trim) (less)

Enjoy :D and feedback is always welcome. :)

EDIT: before I made this song, I did some experimenting. That made me come to this try: Windowed Experiment
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

älskling

It's a nice song, but what else could be expected?

Sam_Zen

Very pleasant atmosphere.
Nice that you made a tube too of it.
How did you made the video capture ?

LPChip

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"Very pleasant atmosphere.
Nice that you made a tube too of it.
How did you made the video capture ?

I've bought Camtasia Studio5 and used it to screencapture it to an avi video.

Its a bit expensive, but certainly worth its money.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

KrazyKatz

Definitely the most musical production using windows sounds. An exceptionally artistic approach on creation within the limitations.

And to be simple spoken, its a beautiful piece.

Great work!
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

Louigi Verona

This is a WoW!

Can I make an ambient remix of this tune?

LPChip

Quote from: "Louigi Verona"This is a WoW!

Can I make an ambient remix of this tune?

Under one condition, but thats more of a lol thing :P

If you do, post it here so we all can listen to it. :D

Louigi Verona

Okie ) Working on it now

ps: it does turn out VERY different...

LPChip

Quote from: "Louigi Verona"Okie ) Working on it now

ps: it does turn out VERY different...

Thats no problem :P

LPChip

I've also posted this on The Nifflas Support forum, and I've been awarded with The Niff Award (for the best homemade creation of March) :D

http://nifflas.ni2.se/forum/index.php?topic=3840.0

cubaxd

I like it. It's relaxing. Also the "experiment". Even this ugly Warning sound of Windows, which mostly means "Bad news", sounds good in this tune :lol:
Well done

bvanoudtshoorn

Oops! I downloaded and listened to this track ages ago, and never got around to commenting. :( Sorry!

OK...
  • Wow, you have an interesting colour scheme for mpt... :P WAY different from mine. :)
  • Well, you've certainly manipulated some of those samples - a lot of them sound a lot better now. :) I particularly like the one you use at the start. And your use of the piano is exceptional.
  • Calm, relaxing, easy to listen to...
  • Is it just me (that is, am I making a mistake!), or is it pentatonic?
  • Overall - good stuff. :)

aGIANTpupafish

love it lp.  very chillaxing :)

on a side note: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsU3B0W3TMs&feature=related
was placed on BBC Radio 1 on thursday.  But no shoutout for Modplug! :(

(I prefers yours to that btw lp)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/colinmurray/tracklistingarchive.shtml?20080515
Quote from: "KrazyKatz"Yah, It reminds me of MAD magazine where the farm guys are playing music on a broom with string, a clothes cleaner, a jug until the angry house wife comes and takes all her cleaning stuff.

LPChip

Sorry for my late response. I kind of missed the replies XD

2 Cubaxd:
Thanks :) Yeah, I agree. These error sounds don't really sound like errors :D

2 Barry:
I so love my coloursheme. Since I changed it, it became easier to make music, because I feel much more comfortable with these colours.

I had to google for pentatonic to see what you mean XD. I'm not certain myself about this, but if it is, it was not done intentionally.

I actually didn't do much manipluation on the notes. I only did some trimming and looping, no EQ was applied to it. But proper mixing does alot for your sound, although I have a slight urge to turn down the volume of the flute. :) I did add echo and reverb, but that only makes the sound a bit warmer.

But thanks for your feedback :) Much appreciated.

2 aGp: Thanks :)

Huh, that other song was on radio 1? heh! I wish they would indeed promote modplug but oh well. I also agree that mine is better, but then again, I got challenged to do it better XD)