1.17.02.48 load sample fails with special character

Started by le_parasite, March 11, 2008, 02:19:08

Previous topic - Next topic

le_parasite

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.02.48

Has the bug occured in previous versions?
I dont know

Description of the bug:

maybe due to some windows bug, but when you try to load a sample with special "letter", the sample won't load.

How often does it happen?:

always

How to reproduce (step by step description):

name a sample "Dvořák.wav" and try to upload it.

Edit: More information is available on the issue tracker.
L∑ PДRДSiT∑______________________________________
I ғᴀᴄᴇʙᴏᴏᴋ I ᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ I sᴏᴜɴᴅᴄʟᴏᴜᴅ I ʙᴀɴᴅᴄᴀᴍᴘ

Saga Musix

Hm, i sense unicode incompatiblities here...
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

Saga Musix

The strange thing is that this filename is always passed as "Dvorák.wav" to MPT, not only when opening a sample but also in the treeview... So maybe the WinApi passes a "optimized for non-unicode platforms" version of that string to modplug...?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

The ř char isn't part of the standard ascii table. Its an extended char, whereas the á is part of the standard ascii table.

And by standard, I mean 0-255.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

I know that! :nuts: But I'm not sure what causes the bug here, maybe I have to learn about more about string types in C++....

bvanoudtshoorn

I'd guess that it's a conversion issue; ie, the filename's represented in format x in the system, is converted to format y for modplug, and then modplug tries to open the file using format y, and the system complains. But I'm just guessing.

This MSDN section might be useful, though.

Saga Musix

Well, the filename is retrieved from a CFileDialog object. I directly tried to route that filename to a MessageBox (without a temporary variable) and it was still non-unicode.

LPChip

So this dialog gives the wrong filename back? Maybe there's a setting in the dialog to enable it. Otherwise, the control needs to be updated.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

I'll close this one as a related issue has been posted on the issue tracker.