Load instruments banks in VST

Started by emil1977, March 02, 2008, 13:56:35

Previous topic - Next topic

emil1977

Sorry for my bad english, my native is russian.

I wood like that you add in VST file menu feature "load bank" in *.fxb format, because not all VST plugins have this button in GUI for example Adventus 1.5 Virtual Analog synthesizer,
Waldorf.PPG.Wave e t.c.

Good luck guys

LPChip

There indeed is no load bank feature, but there are load preset features.

If you really need a load bank feature, you might want to check out xlutop chainer. Its a VST plugin that allows you co easilly chain several plugins together so they are like one plugin. The best side is that you can load and save presets and banks. Even a collection of plugins in a chain can be saved.

Xlutop Chainer does cost some money, but you can try out if its what you need. I'm not entirelly sure if you can load and save in the trial, but if you can, then it would be a way to convert banks to patches.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

bvanoudtshoorn

I have xlutop, too, and it's fantastic (mostly, I just use it as a "container", so that MPT can use plugs that otherwise it wouldn't support; but I also use it "properly" :)). However, I don't think you can load or save in the demo version - AFAIK, that's the only restriction. :(

emil1977

Thanks for help guys :D, i will try that plugs.

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

Quote from: "LPChip"There indeed is no load bank feature, but there are load preset features.

correct, but as i see it the absence of "load bank" is one of the reasons that some vsti can't be used properly with ompt (e.g. absynth, protheus x, ...) although i might be wrong on this point.

anyway "load bank" would be a nice feature for the future.
until then one might wanna take chip's advice...
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

Nahkranoth

I vote for it too. It would be good to have such a feature.

psishock

that would be rather hard to implement imo, since OMPT would have to guess what is the "default" setting for each parameter on each VST(i) wich is impossible.
Setting everything to 0 won't solve much, because we used to have pannings example that should stay on center (CC 64?) or wet/dry that are usually on 100%.
Manually setting everything to stance that is the most confortable for you to start building your effect or sound, and saving that setting to a "mysynth_blank.fxb" example will do the job very nice.
In the end, some "experimental- set everything to 0" option could be useful maybe in some cases, but i would rather vote for manually setting once up, and saving that to "blank".
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

doveraudio

:wink:

.fxb would be a good addition to openmpt

i usually have to load the bank in minihost or savi, and then just manually export the patches i want to try out in a song. i don't know what the last post is about. :hihi:

i think that this is one of the lacking features that sometimes drives me nuts.

one particular case where this would be important is the ann banks and voyager. great synth, great presets - but they are in a bank and it takes a very long time to dump all the fxp from the banks in another host and then load them in modplug. anyway, please implement this feature and if you need some FOSS code for getting this accomplished, i'd be more than happy to be the research weasel.

psishock

Quotei don't know what the last post is about.
ah, i can tell you easily, i simply cannot read =). it's "load bank", not "load blank" as i've misread :D
i must have been very tired or drunk at that time.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Diamond

I was the first to request this feature quite some time ago, but I believe it got lost in the shuffle.  For me personally this would be extremely useful since the load bank option in all VSTs which I've ever used is completely inaccessible.

doveraudio

especially since some vst like synth1 or voyager have such great banks made for them... and i finally have a decent monitor to use. i'd love to explore voyager but loading up the individual patches, urgh... it gets tedious and wears down the creative juices. that said, i wish someone from kvr dsp forum would swing by and contribute some dizzying intellect.

Rakib

For people whodon't use xlutop, I hope this will be embedded for the next release.
^^

Nahkranoth

Maybe if we bug the developers enough it would be done eventually. It is such a basic feature and we still miss it.
Hermann Seib seems like to have open source variant for VSTHost, maybe use some code from it?

Rakib

There will be some problems with the licenses then, but If you ask Mr Seib I don't think personally he would mind.
^^

Saga Musix

Quote from: "Nahkranoth"Maybe if we bug the developers enough it would be done eventually. It is such a basic feature and we still miss it.
Hermann Seib seems like to have open source variant for VSTHost, maybe use some code from it?
If you read the credits properly, you would have already found out that large (?) portions of the VSTHost sourcecode have been used in MPT. Although I support this request, I can't really be bothered to program this, at least not now.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.