.49 MOD files do not have a global volume setting!

Started by Saga Musix, January 14, 2008, 17:05:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.02.49

Has the bug occured in previous versions? If yes, please specify version(s): (This option is optional, and doesn't need research. But in case you know...)
not tested

Description of the bug:
Generic MOD files don't have a global volume level! Ofcourse, this is shown by the greyed out input box. However, one is able to to move the slider. I think that this is good since you can control the playback volume easly, so keep this please! But... If you actually move the slider, the file gets marked as "modified" which may suggest some users that there actually is a global volume setting. In addition, it creates useless backups :nuts:
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Don't you have something like a volume button on your speakers or headphone? XD
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

i don't want to reach for my amp all the time :P and since mod volumes can be quite unbalanced sometimes, i think it's quite good to keep the slider active, but the "changed" flag should not be set...
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

I agree with Jojo, that this flag shouldn't be set, if nothing can change in the module file due to some slider action.

Saga Musix