1.17.02.48 Med files importing - dilapidated samples

Started by Apocalyptiq, October 09, 2007, 08:46:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Apocalyptiq

Full Version:

OpenMPT v1.17.02.48

Description of the bug:

The better part of samples imported from med in MPT are murmurs (instead of instruments), but otherwise all is ok - notes, effects... And some samples are ok - but only a few.

How often does it happen?:

As I said: more samples - murmurs, some - fine.

How to reproduce (step by step description):

Download some med file (e.g.: http://www.exotica.org.uk/tunes/archive/Authors/Game/Hugentobler_Ruedi/Traps_n_Treasures.lha), open it in MPT and play :wink:

Sam_Zen

You're example has a peculiar content : extensions are filenames and filenames are extensions.
After correcting this, I tested 2 files, and all I got was some ritmic sharp ticks.

Apocalyptiq

But originally this med was normal songs (you can play them by DeliPlayer - http://www.deliplayer.com/download.html). Med Soundstudio supports med's, but currently it isn't free (v1.0 was freeware, but now this version isn't available)  :oops:

Saga Musix

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"You're example has a peculiar content : extensions are filenames and filenames are extensions.

Ever heard of a machine called A M I G A ? :lol:
The amiga file system was not the same as the ms-dos file system at that time... Extensions were in front of the file name... ;)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

Didn't know about this Amiga convention. So it makes sense.

älskling

Quote from: "Jojo"
The amiga file system was not the same as the ms-dos file system at that time... Extensions were in front of the file name... ;)
not necessarily, that was just praxis for mods/meds... amiga OS didn't need any stupid 8.3 filenames to know what kind of file it was.

Saga Musix

Closing this one after all the years - the example files provided use synth instruments rather than samples, which cannot be emulated that easily.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.