ModPlug Plugin for FireFox?

Started by Apocalyptiq, September 02, 2007, 09:39:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Plugin development has ceased 10 years ago already. Don't try to use it in a modern browser, it will most likely not work and the plugin's playback quality is sub-par anyway. If you really need module playback on a website, better use something like flashmodplug.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Quote from: Jojo on December 23, 2010, 11:30:49
Plugin development has ceased 10 years ago already. Don't try to use it in a modern browser, it will most likely not work and the plugin's playback quality is sub-par anyway. If you really need module playback on a website, better use something like flashmodplug.

This is a nice project I didn't know of. But how can one incorporate it into his own website? I don't seem to find a way to get the player as a download so I can configure it etc...
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

It does indeed seem like there hasn't been much progress on this project recently, so there's still no public version available methinks. However it's just one example of how to play modules in a browser, there are many more Java and Flash mod players out there.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Would you happen to know one that can play .it / .xm files? I haven't found one that can by searching. (other than this flashmodplug project that has no download)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

FLOD plays various exotic amiga formats (flash).
PortaMod can play MOD/S3M/XM (Processing)
JavaMod can play various module formats, including XM (seems to be ready for IT, but that's currently not supported) (Java)

So IT support is rather rare, but many players support XM.