ModPlug Plugin for FireFox?

Started by Apocalyptiq, September 02, 2007, 09:39:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Apocalyptiq

ModPlug Plugin work only with IE, Opera and Netscape... Is there some version of MPP, which work with FireFox?

I'm sorry if my english grammar is weak (I'm from Poland  :wink: )

Saga Musix

The plugin development has ceased, so there's little hope that anyone will do a new one for firefox. also, regarding the quality of the compressed modules and the modern flash mp3 players, it's quite useless nowadays IMHO. however, you could try IE Tab, a firefox addon that opens Internet Explorer in a firefox tab, so you can use the plugin "within Internet Exploder within Firefox" :)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

Strange. The version I use of MPP can't function in IE since XP, but still works fine with Firefox (2.0.0.6).
You can download the plugin here. This page also offers a sub-page to test your plugin.

maleek

What Jojo said. The plugin isn't continued to be developed like the tracker, in open source. There has been some questions on this department though. Let's see what happens.

Apocalyptiq

Sam_Zen -> that plugin works!  :) thnx!  :wink:  And... I want to use this plugin to play modules on my web... Is there any way to add on web easy installer, for visitors, of this plug? Or is there some trick to change colors of this plug player?  :wink:

Jojo -> nice addon  :wink:

Sorry for my weak english again  :oops:

Sam_Zen

No easy installer, I'm afraid. There was a version with a setup searching for the plugins directory of the browser,
but even then, you had to instruct people to close the browser and open it again to make the plugin active.

You can change colors and more things.
You can find information how to use it in a webpage and the several options here

Apocalyptiq

Thnx for instructions Sam_Zen!  :)  Really cool player!  :wink:

LPChip

As this is a good topic, I'm moving it to Technical Documents. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

Rightly so, LPChip.
So, to make it more complete :
It's not just a player, check the R-click context.

Apocalyptiq

I just start to programming a website, which will be an archive of notes for various instruments (like guitar, piano, drums), and I want to inscribe them on site, something like in MPT - notes and tabulatures will be divided for bars, like there: http://www.guitarchive.y0.pl/tab.php?utwor=The_Lost_Vikings_-_Title (sorry for bugs, it is very early beta version of this site  :lol: ).
Is there some way to edit mod's embed on site from MP Plugin? Sometimes I have one bug in MPPlugin (when I embed a lot of MPPlugins with the same module on one site and click 'play' much times) - a note, that should be played from module is lower... Well, maybe is there some way do edit it from plugin on site?
And how can I edit buttons or all interface of MP Plugin and add some new functions (is there some program or programming language to do it?)?

Maybe You have some ideas how to show notes on site (maybe like in MPT, in patterns?)? I will be very thankful for good advices  :wink:

Sam_Zen

Showing notes or patterns is not exactly a duty of a simple player imo. And editing it's own embed code on a HTML-page would be quite a complicated task for a browser-plugin, to say the least.

Anyway, no more change is possible, the plugin is what it is, and one has to deal with it. No source code, no updates.

I don't know exactly with what you mean with "when I embed a lot of MPPlugins with the same module on one site and click 'play' much times", but maybe you can avoid this buggy behaviour by dividing the modules onto different web-pages instead of one big one. But it's a wild guess.

Apocalyptiq

I find an Online Midi Sequencer, you can create there a midi's from HTML (this program create midi by biniary code). It is possible to do something similar with MOD (.it, .mod etc.) files? In this page there are some PHP scripts, which can edit MIDI files: http://dasdeck.de/staff/valentin/midi/.

Snu

Quote from: "Apocalyptiq"I find an Online Midi Sequencer, you can create there a midi's from HTML (this program create midi by biniary code). It is possible to do something similar with MOD (.it, .mod etc.) files? In this page there are some PHP scripts, which can edit MIDI files: http://dasdeck.de/staff/valentin/midi/.

i suppose it would be possible to write such a program in java or flash.... but WHY?

Saga Musix

i think that there exists such a script on the web, but i don't have the link anymore :|
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Apocalyptiq

Jojo -> where you was read about this script?  :wink: