The VST Instruments topic

Started by LPChip, February 01, 2006, 14:16:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Bringing up the topic of Roland's D-50 plugin (and others) again - it seems like they finally have introduced a possibility to purchase single plugins from their collection without having to pay a monthly fee. They have also restructured their subscription model to have some cheaper tier which include less plugins. Slowly this is starting to make sense.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

arseniiv

@.^o what a list!

In case it's you who maintains it, please maybe also add some of LostIn70s's plugins like HaNon B70, yet another Hammond B3 emulation. :) People seem to like it on KVR or somewhere, don't remember where I saw it first. I seem to remember they said it's easier on CPU than CollaB3.
Feel free to correct my English.
Music & sounds: [Freesound] [SoundCloud] [Direct links to music]

Exhale

How about VCV rack as a vst:
https://github.com/bsp2/VeeSeeVSTRack#downloads
I am just about to try it out, I am downloading both the 64bit and 32bit, I wont post this until I see it working in modplug.
I will take some screenshots if it works and put them here.

VCV rack is an open source rack with literal tons of modules for you to hook to each other in ways you cant normally do with some vsts, it is meant to simulate the racks people build with real life hardware.

this is an unofficial port and isnt made by the makers of vcv rack, but I think it looks promising.

READ BEFORE DOWNLOADING : Ok after testing I found that it doesnt open in my 32bit ompt at all and crashes it, and it loads in my 64bit ompt but there is no interface and nothing loads.
I think I will still post this, since it is a vst and a vsti, even if it doesnt work in ompt yet, maybe it will in the future which would be very nice.
If the admins want to take this entry down, since it doesnt actually work, I fully understand, but if not then at least this is here for if anyone else wants to try it out in other software or for future reference if one day we can get it working in ompt. I wouldnt be surprised if it never works in ompt, it might not even be possible.

Saga Musix

The plugin works just fine here in OpenMPT 32-bit. No crashes at all.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Exhale

Quote from: Saga Musix on July 26, 2021, 07:02:17
The plugin works just fine here in OpenMPT 32-bit. No crashes at all.
Ok thanks for the heads up, I will download a new version of ompt and give it another try

--- update...
nope... doesnt work for me, I just get a blank window unfortunately, the instrument and the effect... oh well

The Mad Doctor

Name of VST: Piper2
This VST does: 4 Operator FM synthesizer
Quality: I can't say much because I don't know how to use this synthesizer, but I looked at the presets and they sound very good.
License of this VST: I don't know, probably freeware.
Cost of this VST: Free
Link to VST or site: https://plugins4free.com/plugin/3693/

SgtPepperArc360

VST name: MODO DRUM
This VST does: Realistic, physically modeled drum sounds
Current version I'm using: 1.5
Quality: Like a live band! However, I'm experiencing a problem with the VST window, as you will find in the attached image; is there a way you can fix it?
License of VST: Registration-based
Cost: $199.99 $99.99
Vendor: IK Multimedia
Link: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/mododrum/

Attached below is a preview of the VST in action:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/yhovvw9yizfr7kk/Party_Animal_-_drums_-_verse.wav/file

Saga Musix

Please don't use this thread for reporting incompatibilities with plugins; I do not monitor this thread and just saw your post randomly.

Please report this problem to IK Multimedia. From your screenshot it looks like they are doing something non-standard here (the plugin graphics appear to be "outside" of the window that is provided to the plugin), so it's up to them to make sure their non-standard approach to plugin GUIs works with all DAWs. All OpenMPT can do is telling the plugin "please use this window to draw your GUI into", and it has no control over the plugin's behaviour beyond that.

SgtPepperArc360

Oh... I guess I didn't read that part.