Fading / controlling VST sound

Started by aldog, April 01, 2007, 16:44:50

Previous topic - Next topic

aldog

I have a couple of different tracks I'm working on, and I can't really figure out how to fade out the sound of my vst's.

Here's an example of what I mean:
http://ad6storieshigh.com/uberdownloads/AD6/AD-Track2.mp3

I have the vst hitting for the first 50 seconds, but for the last __ seconds I don't have anything and it never really fades out, just keeps floating in and out by itself.  (it's the bouncy sound that starts at the very beginning

Thanks in advanced for any help.

*edit*
oh and I mine as well throw this in there, everytime I close a song file in modplug I get an error and it shuts down.

LPChip

Are you talking about a VSTi? cus a VST doesn't produce a sound.

In case of the vsti, you can control its wet/dry slider (assuming you use OpenMPT RC2 or later) using midi macro's. (Zxx)

Press the Zxx button in the pattern editor, configure it for a wet/dry change, apply the VSTi to a channel, and in that same channel, use Zxx or \xx to change the wet/dry ratio. Sliding it down to 0 will fade out.

You can also try setting the global volume. That should work too and is much easier.

Global volume can be set using Vxx or if you want to slide, use Wxx.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

aldog

*2nd EDIT*
Figured out you have to re-set the zxx slider.
everything's figured out
thanks lp
you're a pal =)

*EDIT*
nevermind, using the wxx brings down the volume on all of my channels. I want to bring down the volume of JUST one channel.
perhaps you could look at what I said about what the zxx option did and maybe explain why it did that?

*ORIGINAL*

I must've done something weird with the Zxx option, cause that completely faded out the sounded and wouldn't let me bring it back, ended up applying the vsti to a new preset and setting it up to the old instrument.

but the volume slide worked great, thank you very much.

It was indeed a VSTi that I was talking about, I guess I just didn't realize there was a difference so I didn't think to type it any different.
thanks for your help AGAIN
=)

LPChip

I'm glad to hear that it worked out. :) If you have more questions, feel free to ask. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs