Copy and Paste VST values

Started by Saga Musix, March 28, 2007, 20:10:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Hi,
Sometimes I use 10 times the same plugin (nah, not 10 times, but you can image what i mean :) ) and i want to use nearly the same parameters, they differ just a bit. So a Copy and Paste function for the parameter would be very nice, beacuse saving and loading the presets is a bit time-consuming...
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

bvanoudtshoorn

I've just discovered the joys of chainer vsts (getting Kontakt2 to work under mpt). Maybe try using one of these? I think that you can use them to "duplicate" effects... I'm not sure if this is what you're after. If it's with synths, you could just send the data through on different MIDI channels to the same chainer, which would then send it to the correct synth... This might help a little.

Maybe it would be more useful, though, if instead of having copy and paste, there was the functionality to create duplicate VSTs? That is, another button on the general tab, along with "Move" and "Insert".

Saga Musix

This "duplicate" button would be even greater :)

I've read a lot about chainer vsts in this forum, but I still don't get what they do... may anyone give a brief description? :) But I could also ask the oracle of google...
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

To support this feature request, I've made one alike a while ago that was accepted to be made in a future build.

http://forum.openmpt.org/index.php?topic=808.0

Can you tell me if this is sufficient? Cus if so, then I think this one can be closed. It basically allows you to do the same, in a slightly different way.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

LPChip

Quote from: "Jojo"This "duplicate" button would be even greater :)

I've read a lot about chainer vsts in this forum, but I still don't get what they do... may anyone give a brief description? :) But I could also ask the oracle of google...

Maybe this topic tells you enough.

http://forum.openmpt.org/index.php?topic=1034.0

If not, please respond in that topic to keep things on topic :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

1) yes, and if you rightclick, there should also be an option "duplicate" :)
2) Now I know, but I guess this stuff costs a lot, right? :D I really can't afford plugins, that's why i use freeware plugins :)