Add Solo Button on General Tab

Started by victimofconspiracy, March 26, 2007, 15:45:20

Previous topic - Next topic

victimofconspiracy

I had requested this back on the old forum when it was still around. I just wanted to see if it might be a priority because it would be extremely useful to many of us I'd imagine. My idea would look something like this:

Sam_Zen

I have my doubts. First of all this function already exist in the Pattern Tab, in the 'pattern heads' :

So if functions like this should be present in both General an Pattern Tabs, the next request could be for adding the 'Surround' button in the Pattern Tab. Or for adding 'Mute on Transition' in the General Tab.

For realtime reasons I would prefer to also have the option 'Solo on Transition', but that's another topic.

Saga Musix

Solo On Trasition already exists... :)

But the point victimofconspiracy mentioned is interesting. You know, those "mute on ***" options  are for realtime playback, that's right. those aren't necessary on the generel tab. BUT... The channel state (muted or not) is saved in the module files... Muting a channel is an option like Surround! I hope that you get my message. Muting doesn't have something to do with patterns but with genereal settings which are stored in the song.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

Strong point there. I didn't know about the saving of the channel-states.
QuoteSolo On Transition already exists...
Can't find that in .45, so surprise me..

Saga Musix

Oh, i just noticed that it only exists in the .3 alpha release ;) So it will come definately ;)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

I already hoped for that answer.