Sony Acid style view

Started by junkpunk, March 21, 2007, 00:22:57

Previous topic - Next topic

junkpunk

A sideways view of the samples something akin to acid music would give you the opportunity to move samples positions around to line up notes with the drum loops It would make syncopation/humanising/quantise/grooving of tracks much easier than having to guess where to put notes like we do now ... another feature I would like to see is the ability to record audio tracks. :shock: horror why not make a whole new modplug format that takes modplug into the proffesional league...

Edit by Mod: Decapitalised subject according to the rules.

LPChip

For once, you cannot compare a tracker with a sequencer in the same way you can compare an apple to a banana. True, both are fruits, and in the case of a tracker vs a sequencer, both are music programs.

If the placing of notes is an issue, perhaps you haven't yet enabled row hi-lighting. You can enable this in the setup-colors, and check hi-light every 4th and 16th row.

This should make placing notes easier as the grid now represents the grid similar to that of Acid.

But the request as you have made will certainly not happen in the near future, as the request is just too big. Its up to the programmers to decide if its gonna happen, but if it is, count for atleast 1 year in the future.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

2 junkpunk
I'm a grumpy old man, so take my decapitalised reply for granted.

Of course I can ask the programmers to implement the same routine as in Cool Edit to reduce noise. Would be handy.. Or show a video at the same time. How about the Sony Rock style view ? Any different skin ?
But requests like this inevitably leads to e.g. a cd-burner program with the possibility to send an email.

And the suggestion that modplug will be only professional after your request is a silly insult to all professionals working with OMPT.
Professionalism doesn't depend on software, it depends on the author working with the software.

pelya

I choosed Modplug partially because it able to save to IT/XM/S3M format which can be played with any modplayer (even Winamp). Every other so-called professional software saves at it's own format that noone understands (yet some mega-professional software has Winamp plugin available. You still can't listen to song in Linux).
OpenMPT right now develops it's own MPTm format.
About recording audio tracks: the button that just runs sndrec32 or Audacity is the best audio recording option I can think of. Maximum effect with minimal effort. And you can copy and paste waveform from sndrec32 to openmpt sample tab (doesn't work with Audacity :(  but that's Audacity bug  :P  )