OpenMPT ver 1.17.3.00a (alpha)

Started by Saga Musix, March 11, 2007, 23:48:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

wait... there is a NEW openmpt version out? why did nobody tell me? :D and where can i download the latest build? the development builds rss still says that 02.45 is then most recent version..?!
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

The 3.00 build is an alpha version, not even beta. Its here somewhere in the forum... I'll see if I can find that link (if it still works) and put it in the software downloads aswell.

Edit:

Done http://forum.openmpt.org/index.php?msg=139.0#msg139
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

seventhson

The link from the 3.0 alpha exe seems to point to the .245 version of mpt,or maybe i'm doing something wrong but i can't seem to find it.
Btw what are the differences between .245 and 3.0,is only the tuning or is there more?

*edit* oops seems i needed the generic exe instead of the athlon32,my bad.

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "seventhson"Btw what are the differences between .245 and 3.0,is only the tuning or is there more?
Maybe the most notable is the MPTm-'format', which internally is more or less renamed IT including tuning things(so, no fancy new fileformat). Also includes many bug fixes(and likely new bugs as well).

LPChip

I've split the topic so that its not off-topic anymore. This way it will be visible to everyone.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Rakib

Thanks very much  :D
Allways waiting for a new release of MPT

But where to place the new tuning files, should they be in a another folder or in the same folder as MPT?
^^

LPChip

Quote from: "Rakib"Thanks very much  :D
Allways waiting for a new release of MPT

But where to place the new tuning files, should they be in a another folder or in the same folder as MPT?

in the same I believe. and if not, in a subdir called tuning or tuningfiles or so... :P

Waxhead

Excuse me but what the heck happened to V2.0 ?!?!

There are more than enough insane version numbering of stuff these days if not this is about to happen to OpenMPT as well.

As I see it:

V1.0 <- That's a release
V1.01 <- That's a revision (minor)
V1.1 <- That's a revision (major)
V2.0 <- That's a rewrite/redesign of the entire program.

Snu

Quote from: "Waxhead"Excuse me but what the heck happened to V2.0 ?!?!

There are more than enough insane version numbering of stuff these days if not this is about to happen to OpenMPT as well.

As I see it:

V1.0 <- That's a release
V1.01 <- That's a revision (minor)
V1.1 <- That's a revision (major)
V2.0 <- That's a rewrite/redesign of the entire program.
its not version 3.0, its version 1.17.03.00, as opposed to the current which is 1.17.02.45

i think the next actual full release should be 1.18 tho, at least i hope...

Waxhead

Quote from: "Snu"its not version 3.0, its version 1.17.03.00, as opposed to the current which is 1.17.02.45

Feel free to shoot me on site for my stupidity. (btw: the topic WAS confusing)

LPChip

Quote from: "Waxhead"
Quote from: "Snu"its not version 3.0, its version 1.17.03.00, as opposed to the current which is 1.17.02.45

Feel free to shoot me on site for my stupidity. (btw: the topic WAS confusing)

*poof* :nuts:

Changed topictitle to make it less confusing :)

Really Weird Person

I got the alpha now (the generic version) and it is awesome in at least one aspect! It can handle at least, as it looks so far, 1,600 patterns (in OpenMPT format)! I thought that the limit was 1,024, but it is not!

Saga Musix

did you really try this out? oO :shock:
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Quote from: "Jojo"did you really try this out? oO :shock:

He's Really Weird Person. No doubt he would ;)

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "Really Weird Person"It can handle at least, as it looks so far, 1,600 patterns (in OpenMPT format)! I thought that the limit was 1,024, but it is not!
In IT-format, the pattern limit is 240 and the order limit 256; in the experimental "MPTm"-format, both limits are set to 65000 - it's a different story whether things work on the whole range.