.45 Wav-export volume issues

Started by BooT-SectoR-ViruZ, February 27, 2007, 10:12:27

Previous topic - Next topic

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.0.45

Description of the bug:
lately i'm experiencing a big difference in volume in general and as well on certain instruments
between exporting to wave without having played the song and after playing the song.
when i press the play button, stop the song and start recording to wav the song is as loud as it's supposed to be and all instrument volumes as well.
when i don't play it before recording the result is not as it's supposed to be

How often does it happen?:
from very often to always

How to reproduce (step by step description):
take a song that uses 2 or 3 vsti e.g. "cameleon5000" and "refx vanguard"
and some vst-effects like "classic eq", "karma fx reverb", whatever....
(just because i didn't do any testing on this bug with very simple modules lately)

load this song in mpt and record to wave

after recording is finished you load the song again, press play, press stop
and record the song to wave
(settings used 16bit stereo 44.1 khz)

play both versions with some media-player or take a look at them in any wav-editor
you'll hopefully see the difference

thx
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

TheEmbryo

I get a similar problem when I use the Distortion effect. It's not hugely out but it is very noticable.

This happens on several files. I can send examples if you want them.

LPChip

Quote from: "TheEmbryo"I get a similar problem when I use the Distortion effect. It's not hugely out but it is very noticable.

This happens on several files. I can send examples if you want them.

Can you confirm that its not this issue?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

TheEmbryo

My pre-amp value was at about 60%. Reducing it seems to have worked - thanks!

LPChip

Quote from: "TheEmbryo"My pre-amp value was at about 60%. Reducing it seems to have worked - thanks!

You're welcome :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

LPChip

Alot has changed since this bug-report was made.

Boot-Sector-Virus,

Can you tell us if you still have this kind of problem?

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

only tested it with one module so far, but seems to be solved....
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

LPChip

Great :)

Thanks for getting back to us. :)