one effect per channel? and controlling an effect?

Started by data, February 25, 2007, 22:31:16

Previous topic - Next topic

kit beats

"get the piece sounding pristine." - KrazyKats
..Like this one, definatly got the Sam Zen
individuality in it... - Asharin

LPChip

"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

kit beats

Quote from: "LPChip"
Quote from: "Samplekit"were can i find the dll then?

http://www.aixcoustic.com/index.php/Electri-Q-posihfopit/30/0/

Big thankS!

Question : ( hope it's the right topic )

I have installed a VST on a channel, for example the compressor.
Now i have another VST, delay or something...can i put that behind the other VST.

2 VST's on 1 channel, is that possible?

LPChip

Quote from: "Samplekit"
Quote from: "LPChip"
Quote from: "Samplekit"were can i find the dll then?

http://www.aixcoustic.com/index.php/Electri-Q-posihfopit/30/0/

Big thankS!

Question : ( hope it's the right topic )

I have installed a VST on a channel, for example the compressor.
Now i have another VST, delay or something...can i put that behind the other VST.

2 VST's on 1 channel, is that possible?

Yes. The answer is on page one of this topic.;)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

kit beats

Winter

Hello there!

I've got a short question:

I need a gate-effect and want to program that!
I only want to modify the volume of one channel! I know I can do that with "M" instead of "V" (M64, M00,...).
But this does not want to work right!
After the first M00, I can't hear anything.

C-501......
             M64
             M00
             M64
             M00
 and so on   (Tempo 59, 2 Ticks/Row)

Can you help me? I think the problem is that the interval is so short. I don't want to use a gater-plugin, because it's not flexible enough.

LPChip

Hey Winter :)

Nice to see you here too! :D

The Mxx effect controls the volume of a channel, which ranges from 00 hx to 40hx.

This means that M64 isn't being executed because the volume setting reaches its max (64 decimal (= 40 heximal). 64 Heximal, as you've placed in your example is the same as 100 decimal.

Try M40 instead. :)

If that doesn't work, please tell us, so we can give you alternate solutions.

Winter

Hi LPChip.

Thanks for your help!

Everything works fine now.  :D

AmericanDiamond

Wow, my very first post on here, and I've been a Modplug fan since 2003.

My question: Is there a way to use a macro (or anything else) to modify two or more parameters for a plugin without having to set the same number of plugins for each modified parameter?  If not, then can that ability be added?

Also, is there a way to get clean, whole values from the Zxx effect (other than the two ends of the parameter dial)?  The Zxx values are in hex, in the pattern, but the General tab (and the dedicated plugin box) display decimal values (with the General tab more precise than the plugin box).

I'm not sure if the second question has already been answered, but I've looked.

Thanks.

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

Quote from: "AnthonyGSSM"
My question: Is there a way to use a macro (or anything else) to modify two or more parameters for a plugin without having to set the same number of plugins for each modified parameter?  If not, then can that ability be added?
if i understand correctly you want to controll 2+ VST params with one Zxx. afaik that's not possible if you want to do it on the same vst-plugin (it would results in having the same 'knob turns' on both parameters anyway). another option is making a second or third macro, each relating to a different parameter. if you want to alter 2 or more params at the same time you just use additional channels without notes playing (just the SFX and Zxx commands)

NOTE: don't use macros without setting the initial/original values in your first pattern

QuoteThe Zxx values are in hex, in the pattern, but the General tab (and the dedicated plugin box) display decimal values (with the General tab more precise than the plugin box).
THAT'S been bugging me for ages..... would be nice if improved but for the time being just take a calculator
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

LPChip

Actually, it can be possible.

When you make a midi macro, you basically map one of the CC's to a slot (SFx).

What's behind the CC can be different per plugin.

So if you assign SF1 to  CC0001, then it will be translated to that midi slot. (Can't really explain it well) Another plugin can have a different parameter on that midi slot, but if you assign that plugin to another channel and you still use the SF1 when executing a Zxx, it will control that plugin's parameter.

You cannot assign SF1 with different parameters per plugin though, but if they happen to share the same parameter, then sure.

So this will always work if you assign the wet/dry parameter.

When you generate the midi macro using the controls below, it might say CC????? is this, but that value is just a reference.