.45 S9F doesn't work with looped samples

Started by Saga Musix, February 20, 2007, 19:54:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.0

Description of the bug:
I know that this also happened in the "old" modplug tracker so it's rather a suggestion than a bug report...
If you want to play a looped sample backwards, you can't use the S9F effect...

Edit: Moved to the issue tracker: http://bugs.openmpt.org/view.php?id=12
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Jojo, what are we going to do with this "bug"?

Perhaps moving it to the requests board?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

I'm not sure. Technically, it is a bug, but as S9F is a MPT-only command, it's rather a feature. :D I've thought about this several times about it but I've never come to a conclusion what to do. Just let it open. :)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

If you can fix this behavor, its a bug. But if it never was intended to work like that, its a feature request.

I can't say which of the 2 it is, but if its a request, I'd move it. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix