Time calculator (.46)

Started by KrazyKatz, February 13, 2007, 21:15:58

Previous topic - Next topic

KrazyKatz

I would like the ability to click within any pattern, and know what minute, second and split-second the clicked area is.

This is important to know for synchronizing music to  movies.
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

Sam_Zen

Very nice idea. So far some routine for time measurent is quite raw, I guess, because it's called 'Estimated Time Length'.
At least the exact moment of the end of each pattern would already be an improvement.

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

KrazyKatz

I don't suppose a cash incentive could help hurry along this particular request which is very important for me?
Sonic Brilliance Studios

Relabsoluness

Based on a few experiments with a stopwatch, it seems that the function that calculates the length of the whole mod does rather good job even when it's stopped before the end of the mod ;)

KrazyKatz

Err... does this mean that we can look forward to a time calculator in the future, or that I'll have to use my cash incentive to invest in a stopwatch?
Sonic Brilliance Studios

Relabsoluness

Ok, my post was a bit vague :)  More directly: The status of the request has been changed to S=A.  The current test implementation relies on the existing modlength calculator, so its going to be as accurate as it is; the 'stopwatch experiments' indicated that hoping for accuracy in order of 0.1 s might not be just wishful thinking.

LPChip

Oh, this is nice. :D

And Relabs, I'm pleased to see that you understand how to work with the requests system, by setting the status to (S=A) :) I understand that its quite easy, but see it as a compliment :)

Good job. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "LPChip"And Relabs, I'm pleased to see that you understand how to work with the requests system, by setting the status to (S=A) :)
:P

Really Weird Person

What does S=A mean?

Saga Musix

RTFM :P

Quote from: "LPChip"
(S=A) Accepted; when a programmer decides to add the requested feature

Edit by mod: fixed quote so it works :)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

So... where can i find that calc now? You didn'T describe it in the changelog, nor can i find it anywhere.

LPChip

Quote from: "Jojo"So... where can i find that calc now? You didn'T describe it in the changelog, nor can i find it anywhere.

In the pattern editor, right click a cell where you have a note, and select: Show row play time.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Ah, thanks :) It would be nice if there was a time display similar to the one that already exists - maybe one should be able to select whether he wants to display the song playback time down there or the playback time since playback start ;)

KrazyKatz

Just what I wanted. Thanks a lot for implementing it!
Sonic Brilliance Studios