MIDI Sustain pedal, velocity curves

Started by phanoo, October 11, 2006, 16:50:27

Previous topic - Next topic

phanoo

hello,
first, sorry if my english is bad, i'm french ;)

i have two features i would like to be added in MPT:

***-the support for a sustain pedal (to play in real-time in the "instruments" area (where i can load the .xi and .iti)). i think this feature will not be too hard to add because modplug already understand some MIDI messages (the notes of the midi keyboard ;))

***-have the choice of some velocity curves. often, the midi keyboards have a lack of dynamic (if you play normal and hard, the difference in the volume of the sound is not very important).
example (simplified) of a system that increase velocity:

x (original MIDI velocity) => y (modified velocity)

0 => 0
32 => 10
64 => 30
96 => 75
128 => 128

it will be good if also you add the support of the pitch bend and modulation wheel, but the priority is the sustain pedal ;);)

good luck

LPChip

Just to make things clear, you mean support for sustain messages send from an EXTERNAL midi device, right?
      "Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
      "yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

phanoo

phanoo

hello
      is these functions (sustain pedal) will be added to open MPT in some time ?