[dance?] No! This Is Better! (.it, .mp3) None yet... mmm...

Started by jmkz, August 09, 2010, 06:37:17

Previous topic - Next topic

jmkz

Hello again! Ehm... I do this song a week ago and I don't publish it because I was not happy with it :\ but after a (jeje) near 30 edits (best said savings/backups) and two or three after Jojo helps me on the highpass trick, I have finished. The history of the name was where I start with this, but it doesn't like me the intro and some patterns, really not. So, I'd say (really, think :idea: ): No!, This is better! an there is when I'd do the chipy arp :D and after some work there is the result. My favourite part is the chipy arp at the fourth patterns, nice for me ;D Finally I could finish it without OpenMPT hacks!! a nice module...

Comments are welcome...

Download:

Version 4p3: http://soundcloud.com/jmkzproductions/no-this-is-better-4p3

Version 3x (old):
http://www.mediafire.com/?0nxnbcoqkqyonan

Enjoy!

EDIT: Updated links

Rakib

^^

Oliwerko

While I can't complain about the technical side of the song, I didn't like it as much as I liked Transition Zone. The main melody doesn't work with me, sorry.

Otherwise it has a nice sound, the percussions fit the track well.
I am not afraid of death.
I am afraid of murder.

jmkz

I have updated the links, moved from Mediafire to Google Sites.

jmkz

Quote from: "Oliwerko"While I can't complain about the technical side of the song, I didn't like it as much as I liked Transition Zone. The main melody doesn't work with me, sorry.

Otherwise it has a nice sound, the percussions fit the track well.

Well, I agree with you, but, I'm taking away for a while the mptm's and VST(i)'s because I jus want get skills with modules, a little of this, another little of something, but anyway, at the end songs made with VSTi's likes me more (not only VST's, like For A Word by Zaphoid that's nice). This song is like an adventure, takes me less time to do one of this kind.

Rakib

The melody was a bit strange, but the technical side was better. Agree with Oliwerko.
^^

Inavon

I agree with Oliwerko. The melody doesn't work too well with the rest of the song. Also, at 0:48, there's a square wave, which I think has too much stereo separation. I like stereo separation, but this was a bit too much. But that's just me.
I have no sig—wait, what this?

jmkz

Are this eligible for a remix? (well any song can be) When I was making this I was thinking in a remix of this but not yet, I need your opinions, if not too much to ask.

Harbinger

Notes as i'm listening:

The interesting gate/arp starting off the song needs some FX, and needs a more inspired chord progression. It reminds me of a lot of my piano suites when i first started composing, BEFORE i learned about good chord progression. You have some good ideas about song structure, but the music needs some seasoning, usually done with good FX. I can see the talent, but there seems to be a lack of inspiration, and instead a focus on using tracking software! :D

jmkz

QuoteI can see the talent, but there seems to be a lack of inspiration, and instead a focus on using tracking software!

I "make" music to use something to practice, music is not my fort as I feel with sound engineering (I'm not a pro and also I have inclination to the video production), is hard get good results in sound mixing and those things. I prefer to say that my music is experimental. A song requires inspiration, skills, practice and some other, I do it in a progresive form, my creativity and inspiration, many times starts with a sound instrument (vsti or whatever), a nice sound -for me- and then I do a melody, bassline or an arp as this song was started with this. Then I add drums (hehe, I am a drummer without a drumset) and I add some other like improvements later. I'd appreciate the coments and recomendations by others, to be more involoved in music as is not my fort.